Indian citizen do not need any permits for the Kinnaur and Spiti valleys but, if you are a Foreign National visiting the regions of Lahaul, Spiti Valley and Kinnaur Valley you will need a ILP (Inner Line Permit).

Some areas in Himachal Pradesh that border the Tibet-China have been designated as protected areas and are not open to foreigners without permits.

Those areas are: Khab, Samdo, Dhankar, Tabo, Gompa, Kaza, Morang and Dubling (Lahaul & Spiti).

How to get this Inner line Permit?

To get your ILP, you should be accompagny by a registered travel agency in India.

The Permits are issued by Resident Commissioner of Himachal Pradesh in New Delhi and at Deputy Commissioner’s office at Shimla, Reckong Peo and SDM office at Kalpa, Kaza, Manali’

from either the District Collectors office in Shimla or at the Reckong Peo border post.